Learning Path: Workplace Skills Builder
Duration: 1 Day(s).
It’s so easy to overlook the basics of politeness because we practice the fundamentals every day. In fact, we don’t even think about it. How we behave in social and business situations is part of our personality, and we behave naturally. However, we might be making etiquette mistakes that we aren’t even aware we make.
It’s a diverse workplace today. We meet people from all educational backgrounds and people with different social customs. It can be awkward when we don’t know the proper etiquette. Staying aware of your own behavior is the first step to avoid awkward moments. This one-day course will remind you of the basics of business etiquette that you may not have thought about in quite some time. If you’re new to workplace, this course will give you the edge up to make a great first impression.
- Understand how using good etiquette shows respect for others
- Understand how using good etiquette earns you trust and credibility
- Use good etiquette in business interactions, including in-person meetings, email, and voice mail
- Use good etiquette in business-related social occasions such as networking and dining out
- Dress appropriately for the business occasion, including day-to-day attire, formal meetings, and business-casual situations
- Identify differences in basic business etiquette such as handshaking, business card exchange, and respect for individual space.
- Adapt business etiquette practices to respect different cultures and customs
New employees, entrepreneurs, business owners