Learning Path: Talent Development Pro
Duration: 1 Day(s).
Employee harassment is a growing global concern. An increasingly diverse workplace can be ripe for stereotyping, misunderstanding, and prejudice. In this course, we will explore why harassment is counterproductive in business, unfair to employees, and costly. The U.S. has led efforts to help avoid workplace harassment and address these situations effectively. We will explore U.S. methods to transplant in other regions.
How can we prevent harassment? What are the best policies? How should managers protect their employees? When we receive a complaint, what are our best procedures? How does an effective harassment protocol build employee trust and prevent liabilities? We will answer these questions and practice proven procedures in this course.
- Explain what is and is not acceptable workplace behavior and why
- Understand the benefits of training
- Describe various types of harassment
- Help build a harassment policy
- Deploy methods to prevent harassment
- Learn to protect themselves from harassment
- Know their options if they are harassed, or accused of harassment
- Follow the complaint process:
- Understand mediation and the situations where it is appropriate and works best
- Determine appropriate solutions for harassment incidents
- Know how to handle a false complaint
- Help a workplace return to normal after an incident
HR employees, managers and staff members with line management.