Learning Path: Management Pro
Duration: 3 Day(s).
Many human resources responsibilities fall on the shoulders of managers and supervisors in all areas of an organization, not just in HR. They help develop job descriptions, participate in the interview process, and manage employee performance. They are responsible for handling disciplinary issues and resolving team conflicts, as well. Some managers may take part in job forecasting and analysis as a strategic step to manage for growth.
In this three-day course, managers will learn about these human resource concepts. We will work through the hiring process, from conducting a skills inventory to interviewing. We will talk about the role of employee orientation and performance management. Finally, we will discuss other common issues that arise during the employment experience. These include managing diversity, compensation, and discipline.
- Discuss current topics in human resource management
- Identify skills profiles and core competencies
- Develop job specifications
- Apply good practices for recruiting, selecting, and hiring the best candidates
- Get new employees off to a good start
- Work with compensation and benefit programs
- Manage employee relationships
- Conduct cooperative performance reviews
Managers not in the HR department.