Learning Path: Management Pro
Duration: 1 Day(s).
Learning how to delegate effectively is one of the most valuable skills you can master. It is also one of the most difficult. It requires your ability to delegate the right tasks to the right people and monitor progress along the way. The benefits are clear. Proper delegation reduces your workload and allows you to advance your career. At the same time, it’s an effective way to develop your employees. They learn to handle your responsibilities and prepare for future career opportunities within your organization, as well.
This workshop explores many of the elements of delegation. We will work through the delegation process step by step, including when to delegate and whom to delegate to. You’ll learn techniques for giving effective feedback and overcoming common problems.
- Identify how delegation fits into their job responsibilities and makes them more successful
- Identify the tasks associated with delegation
- Use an eight-step delegation process
- Give clear and appropriate instructions that lead to better outcomes
- Recognize common pitfalls and avoid them
- Monitor progress and results for delegated tasks
- Give effective feedback
Managers, team leaders and supervisors