Learning Path: Management Pro
Duration: 1 Day(s).
Leaders have vision, and they inspire others to follow them. Some people naturally have the confidence, focus, and personality that draw others to them and work to achieve extraordinary things. These are intangible qualities. Leaders also know how to communicate their message in a way that inspires. They use their intellect to negotiate alliances, guide their co-workers, and align their teams with organizational goals.
Effective managers draw upon their leadership skills to guide their employees to achieve their personal best while meeting the organization’s many business requirements. The ability to perform this role is a core responsibility. As a new manager, you may not have mastered these skills, but you have the potential to learn. That is why your own manager has entrusted you with this job.
Through experience, you will learn that leadership is a lifelong pursuit. By accepting the challenge to lead and manage others, you will also learn that the only limits you will face are those you put on yourself. This course will help you build the foundation you need to develop your leadership skills and achieve your personal best.
- Understand the difference between leadership and management.
- Discover your leadership profile and explore ways to use this knowledge to improve your management skills.
- Define shared leadership and achieve a shared vision with your team.
- Define the five leadership practices and apply them to common workplace situations.
- Understand how to build relationships and trust with co-workers and subordinates.
- Understand the nature of change and guide your team through the change process
- Define the five-levels of delegation and apply those concepts appropriately.
- Develop a personal action plan to build your leadership skills and achieve your personal best as a manager.
- Give participants time to write their learning objectives in their student guide.