Learning Path: Career Skills Builder
Duration: 1 Day(s).
While searching for a job can be an exciting time, it can also bring stress and uneasiness about change and the unknown. Whether you are already searching for a job or just considering it, this seminar will help you to determine your skill strengths, identify work appropriate for your search, and list the best steps for getting started. This workshop will also help you transition if you are facing a recent job loss.
Today's job market is different from what it was five years ago. Knowing where to go, who to talk to, and opportunities that are available will help to shift you from someone who dreams thinks about having a good job, to one who has the job they always wanted.
- Describe their work skills, values, and beliefs
- How to search for opportunities
- Understand the types of work available and where to find information
- Recognize the differences among and benefits available through coaches, counselors, and mentors
- Apply different approaches to job searching, like networking and finding hidden job markets
Job seekers, people changing their career and people who lost their jobs.