Learning Path: Career Skills Builder
Duration: 1 Day(s).
The job market is changing rapidly due to a number of factors. We are in a global economy. New opportunities are opening up for women. The number of people working out of their homes continues to rise. As more and more companies look for proven skills in their new hires, the competition for good jobs is also increasing.
All these factors have changed the way we look at work and how we need to present ourselves in the job market. This course looks at the concept of presenting yourself as a complete “package.” That package includes a resume to introduce yourself to an employer and expanding that with a portfolio you give at the interview. The final piece is your professional appearance at the interview.
Participants may want to complete the “Jumpstart Your Career” course first. It will help them get the most value from this workshop. Then, they should follow up this course with “Interviewing with Confidence” to get the job they want.
- Talk about themselves using descriptive words
- Create and use cover letters and resumes effectively.
- Understand the role of pre-employment tests.
- Know what to expect in their industry of choice.
- Create a unique, eye-catching personal portfolio.
- Build a plan that helps secure a job in less than 60 days.
Fresh graduates, job seekers or people seeking to change their career.