Learning path: Small Business Builder
Duration: 1 Day(s).
Today’s business environment is constantly shifting and evolving. The decades-long tradition of nine-to-five jobs that last a lifetime is fading. At the same time, online businesses emerge virtually every day. Crowdsourcing and outsourcing are central components of many business staffing strategies. Opportunities for consultants and freelance workers are plentiful, and the time may be right for you.
This course will walk through the factors you need to consider first. You will have a foundation to help you decide what’s right for you. Then, you’ll have the basic tools you need to launch your business with confidence.
- Understand the role of consultants and independent workers in today’s job marketplace
- Identify resources and strategies to uncover consulting opportunities
- Develop a business strategy
- Prepare a business plan, budget, marketing plan, fee structure, and resources
- Develop networking skills and leverage social media to grow your business
- Protect your work with contracts
- Learn how to stay up on new trends and adapt
Entrepreneurs and consultants