Learning path: Workplace Skills Builder
Duration: 3 Day(s).
Several research studies draw the same conclusion about the crucial role that soft skills competencies play in long-term workplace success. In fact, research conducted in 2005 with Fortune 500 CEOs by the Stanford Research Institute International and the Carnegie Melon Foundation, found that 75 percent of long-term job success depends on people [soft} skills, while only 25 percent on technical knowledge. This KWP course and accompanying certification test prepare today’s graduates and workers to demonstrate their competency in the soft skills that employers seek most. These soft skills include effective communication, friendly and inclusive relationships, teamwork, conflict management, problem-solving and decision making, adaptability and change management, ethical and accountable behavior, and workplace productivity.
This highly interactive class experience lays the foundation for these critical soft skills through mini-presentations, activities, exercises, case studies, role plays, in-class assessments, and small group discussion. This course covers the competencies, skills, and knowledge learners need to pass the Workplace Professional certification test and earn the designation KWP International Certified Workplace Professional (KWP-WP).
- Use effective communication skills, including public speaking, active listening, questioning with purpose, recognizing and interpreting non-verbal messages, and presenting a professional image (An effective communicator)
- Use techniques to get along with co-workers, customers, and supervisors and embrace diversity (Friendly and Inclusive)
- Demonstrate ability to work as a competent member of the team, provide back-up support for co-workers when appropriate and actively support group goals. (A team player)
- Demonstrate understanding of the normalcy of conflict and resolve common conflicts in the workplace (Able to manage and resolve conflicts)
- Demonstrate understanding of and apply a proven problem-solving and decision-making process that supports effective and timely decisions (An effective problem-solver and decision-maker)
- Demonstrate understanding of the nature of change and apply a change process to accept and manage change as a normal workplace function (Adaptable)
- Demonstrate understanding of the value of ethics in the workplace and make ethical choices in common workplace situations (Ethical)
- Demonstrate understanding of accountability in the workplace and apply it to workplace behaviors, actions, tasks, and interpersonal relations. (Accountable)
- Use effective methods to organize and manage workload, prioritize tasks, and manage multiple conflicting priorities with composure. (Organized and Productive)
Course completion includes a free 1-year membership to Chartered Management Institute.